Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chicago, US

I went to Chicago from 26th of January to the 1st of February. Josh flew up from Florida, and we spent the weekend together. It’s a small vacation for me even though it was too cold for “vacation”.

It has been about a year since I was in Chicago the last time. When I arrived at the O’Hare airport, I had strange/different feelings even though I used to use the airport very often before. I felt like I met an old friend of mine or something like that. I wonder how I would feel when I fly into La Guardia airport in NY. That’s the airport I used to use almost every week.

Also, what was interesting is the language. I get to understand all the people’s conversations around me. It’s all in English! Especially, I can watch all the channels on TV in the hotel room. No matter which channel I choose, I get to understand them! That’s big, or at least to me. I’m used to be in a country where I don’t understand their languages, so I have to look for TV shows in English. How convenient to be in English speaking country! Also, it is interesting to see the country objectively where I used to live in. There are things that I see once I step out of it. This happened when I left Japan. I didn’t like, or more like, I hated Japan when I left. But once I left the country, there were so many things that are great. US is something similar. I used to live there until ten months ago. If I put in one word, “convenient” is the one to describe the US for me.

No comments: