Saturday, May 27, 2006

Anne's Diary

May 25, Thursday was a holiday in Holland (in Europe?) called Ascension Day. When I was taking a walk in Amsterdam, I realized that I was standing by Anne Frank’s house. This is the house she was hiding with her family. Nowadays, it is one of the most famous museums. I wanted to visit inside, but because of the people queuing in a long line, I decided to come back some other day. By standing in front of Anne’s house, I recalled her diary that I read when I was in elementary school. It is amazing that she was living in the back of this house for more than two years.
The photo is a little sign on the wall of Anne’s house. It says “Anne Frank House”.

This crazily small car is called “smart car”. It was parked outside of Anne Frank’s house. I see this car everywhere in Amsterdam. It’s just freaking small! It is smaller than the regular smart cars, and it can go on the bike paths on the sides of roads.

Traffic jam. These tourist boats are waiting for going under the bridge.

No comments: