The last four days of July, I went to Paris with Josh who was visiting Amsterdam for two weeks. The trip was very easy; four hour ride with a train. I am still having difficulty getting used to going to one country to another without an airplane in Europe. Paris was something I was saving for my honeymoon. Oh well, who knows whether I will have such a thing in my life, so I decided to go when I had the chance. (I’m trying to be positive here.)It was hot in Paris. It seems this year, we have a hot summer in Europe compared to other years. So, we were not very looking forward to coming back to the hotel every night because our hotel did not have an air conditioner. When we got back to the room, we were opening the door to get as much breeze as possible. It was actually not that bad if we opened the door. Of course, there are people passing by in the hall way, and they peek in the opened-door room. But we cannot be sensitive about that. The heat was incredible! I think it was close to 90 degrees. But of course, we have to close the door when we go to sleep, but the window is wide open without a screen. Because of that, every night, mosquitoes were after me. Every night! What’s frustrating is that Josh never got a mosquito bite! They just love my blood regardless of which country I am in!
![]() | When walking down the street, these little round sweets caught my eyes. This is something my sister asked me about a few weeks ago, and that’s when I learned about it. These are French sweets, called Macaron. I think I’ve seen them in the states, too. |
![]() | After passing by some bakeries, the next thing I saw was this one. It’s huge, and it looks like a hamburger! I tried it and it was very sweet. I am not a big fan of it (yet). |







No comments:
Post a Comment