Friday, September 15, 2006

London, England

I visited London for a couple of days.

The night we arrived, my colleague brought me to Covent Garden for dinner. I had no idea about the place until I got there. And suddenly, all my memories came back as soon as I saw the place.

Yes! – I was here 10 years ago with my best friends!

All the shops were already closed, and it was raining and dark, but I remembered the cold morning I was standing there 10 years ago at the exact place. I remembered very small detailed things like me sipping a cup of coffee sitting by the side walk watching people shop. I remembered myself looking at the market thinking what a beautiful morning it was.

What is interesting is to realize how much I have changed or my living situation has been changed sine then. 10 years later, I am standing at the same location and the place hasn’t changed much, but I felt like there were two complete different “back-then-me” and “now-me” figures. I completely forgot about this place even though I visited London a couple years ago again. And now, my views to look at things are completely different. Well, now I can understand all the signs in English! (I didn’t speak English 10 years ago.) Since then, a lot of things have happened to me. I felt that I finally grew up! Well, I am thirty, so I guess I have grown up by now, of course.

No comments: