Monday, July 30, 2007

Stockholm, Sweden II

The reason I visited Stockholm (my first time, by the way) was to attend my friend’s wedding. He got married at the church in the picture, the one in the back. It seems Swedish price gets married at this church. Basically, it is “the” church in Sweden. But anyone could get married here without any fee because they pay tax (very high tax, just in case you forgot about it). However, what I’ve also heard was that no one thinks of getting married at this church. Once again, it is the church used by the Royal family. (This church stands right behind the Royal Palace.)

What was interesting was that when we were getting into the church for my friend’s wedding, there were so many tourists looking at us, like “What’s going on here?” “Why is the church closed?”
Coming out of the church was even better after the wedding. Guests were all standing outside waiting for the groom and bride to come out. Tourists were very curious to see who just got married and was coming out. I’m sure they were waiting for someone very famous! They were all holding a camera in hand!!

Lunch time. It seems this is a typical Swedish snack (surprise! I've had this in IKEA.), and everyone likes it.

An area called Old City (It has a Swedish name).

Swedish sweet (like a cinnamon bun) with café latte.


And of course, Swedish candies. This is from Seven Eleven store. It is unbelievable how many kids there are. I think they are all same price, so you can pick any of your favorites mixed in a bag and pay by weight.

Because it was raining the first three days, I was so happy to see the “real” Stockholm the last day. The water was so beautiful everywhere with clear blue sky! Summer in Stockholm is really beautiful!

No comments: