Sunday, November 04, 2007

Good-bye Amsterdam

On September 30th, I left Amsterdam. My apartment was on the 4th floor in the third building from the left. I lived there since May 2006.

For the past year and 5 months, I had really enjoyed my life in Amsterdam. I was half the time out traveling, but Amsterdam is “the” special place for me.

Even though I traveled around all over the world, Amsterdam is the best for me. It is really unique and stunning beautiful. I had thought to live there for the rest of my life. I hate to leave Amsterdam, but I will bring all my memories and will enjoy my new life in a new place.

There were times that I left lonely, but I am glad that I left New York and moved to Europe. I had a chance to visit countries that I would never though of going for my private trips, and I have learned a lot from those places. I think I grew up for certain extend. Definitely, I have gained an ability to look at things from different angles. And also, I realize how lucky I am to be where I am, or I never forget to appreciate what I have. Those are the things people assume that they can do, but it is easy to forget the appreciation once you get what you wanted, and often we want even more. But, I have leaned to appreciate even small things.

Even though it is very comfortable to stay in where we settle ourselves, I am glad that I got myself out of it and challenged for something completely new. It was very scary, but now looking back, it was certainly worth it.

Take a look at where I have been. In total, it seems I've visited 18 countries in the past 15 months.


View Larger Map

Good-bye Amsterdam!

No comments: