Sunday, November 04, 2007

Amsterdam, NL

Back to Amsterdam. Heineken is my Dutch treat!

The (only?) windmill in Amsterdam with Josh’s rental bike.

In the middle of a street, somehow there was a “HELP” neon.

Tapas in Amsterdam! This place became my favorite restaurant after this visit.

Amsterdam in windows. It was a beautiful day to sit outside to enjoy food and beers. I love a very bright summer evening in Northern Europe!

in my neighborhood. The block behind the canal is where my apartment is.
Even though I’m used to see this view every day, I really enjoy it every time.

We came to Ice Bar. It is just like the Ice Hotel in Sweden, but this one is only a bar. Everything is made by ice including walls, tables, couches and even a fire place! But no fire. Only the fire-like lights.
Glasses are also made by ice.
It is more like a bar in a huge freezer. If you have worked in a restaurant, I’d say you have experienced the ice bar feeling already. Before we enter the bar, we can borrow a jacket, boots and gloves (Josh’s hands were very smelly after we got out of the bar because those gloves were worn by a number of people before us!).

And they have a time limit of how long we can stay inside. Every 45 minutes, they have a cut-off time, so if you want to stay the maximum 45 minutes, you have to go when they open the bar every 45 minutes. We went in 20minutes passed, so we could stay in there less than 30minutes (because everybody has to get out of it including a bartender because of the health risk.). But, 25minutes was long enough. I don’t think I could stay there any longer. I had so much fun though.

Outside of the ice bar, there is a hot bar. So you can enjoy more drinks!

No comments: