Monday, April 03, 2006

Copenhagen v3

Blue sky!! As soon as I woke up, I was feeling so good because the sun was out! I cannot live without sun shine!
We were lucky to have a sunny day when we were planning to go to Helsingør to visit Kronborg Castle. We took a traing for about 40min north from Copenhagen. It is known all over the world from Shakespeare's Hamlet. Also, I learned that the author of The Little Mermaid, Hans Christian Andersen, is from Denmark!


These picures are taken in the chapel of the castle. I was amazed by how detailed they were.


After visiting the castle, Ginny and I went out to a shopping area called Strøget again. These are some items from souvenir shops - Cute!


This is the train ticket that took me to the castle and to the city. It is used just like a NYC metro card, but you need to stamp a time by yourself with a machine on the platform. It's a bit more complicated than how it looks. You are supposed to stamp multiple times for a ride depending on how far you go... Can't they make it easier for an air-head like me?

No comments: