Monday, November 27, 2006

Bali, Indonesia

Bali!! I arrived in the evening of the 25th of November and left early morning on the 27th; the total of 1.5 day weekend trip. And the special part of this trip is… it’s for leisure, not for work!

I have been to Jakarta, but this is the first time for me in Bali. Compared to Jakarta, Bali is much more developed. It is not so crowded and has very nice atmospheres including people. According to my tour guide, Bali’s economy totally relies on tourists. Without tourist, there is almost no job in Bali. 90% of people work for business some what related to tourists. Therefore, after year 2002 and 2005, Bali was really really quiet for a long time. Finally, the economy has been coming back he says. I thought that tourist related business is only hotels, but like actual sightseeing locations (temples etc), taxis, airlines and more are heavily related. I did not realize.

The picture looks like sunset, but actually it is 5:30 in the morning. The pink before the sun rises.

This is after the sunrise. It is mooi (beautiful)!

No comments: