
Indonesian lunch.
  | This is also Indonesian lunch at a restaurant. The fried fish is well shaped. It’s standing on a plate. The chicken sautés are very good with peanut butter sauce. It tastes like Japanese sweet miso, and what’s even better is to have this with rice! Delicious! I think I appreciate it more because I’m Asian. All food I tasted here were very good. |
 | This is a food stand on the street, and this is everywhere. They sell things like fish balls, beef soup or any snacks. A lot of people eat here for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A bowl of meat ball soup is about 50 cents. I guess that’s also another reason to attract people! |
 | McDonald’s in Indonesia sells fried chicken and rice! Rice is wrapped in a paper just like burgers. When I was surprised by the wrapped McDonald’s rice, my friends were wondering why I thought it was so interesting. I guess it is just like Teriyaki burgers in Japan or Kim-chee burgers in Korea. But… rice at McDonald’s! |
 | This is a view from a car window when we were sitting on a red light. As you can see this family is riding on a motorcycle. In the middle, you can see that there is a 2-year-old-like girl in between her parents! I think this is very dangerous and it should be prohibited (not even wearing a helmet!). But it seems they do not have such restricted rules, just like they do not have any rules for “don’t drink and drive”. They can drink as much as they want and drive if they want to. What I also heard is that not many people drink because it is luxurious. |
 | When we were stuck in a traffic jam, people come around to sell things. It could be key chains, flowers or Barbie dolls. Among those guys, this sad face man came by singing and playing a guitar. Unfortunately, our car had an A/C, so all windows were closed. We couldn’t hear anything from inside of the car…sorry. |
My 6 day trip in Jakarta was very good and enjoyable. I learned a lot from this trip including the fact that their average wedding invites 500 people!
No comments:
Post a Comment