Thursday, November 02, 2006

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Red Light District.

When my colleague from Sweden came to visit, I took him to the Red Light District. I took this picture then. For the people who are not familiar with this, I would call it “a prostitute vending machine.” You walk around to pick the best suitable for your needs, and you negotiate with the girl by the door and then disappear into the room. That’s when the curtain on the door is shut so you know the girl is busy “working.” Amazing.

As you can see, there is a group of guys staring at the lady in the shopping window. It looks so sad, doesn’t it? But just like any women to be exact. We do browse shopping, touch but no buy (that easily).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe a policeman didn't take your camera! They're usually very strict about their no-photos policy.

Shima said...

I know those girls scream saying "No pictures!" and keep cursing at you.
I'm more experienced than tourists; Use NO flash! Otherwise, I can't get the "red light" in the photo anyways!