It is for thirty minutes every Sunday for ten weeks including a two hour course lesson. I am actually not that confident if I could be “that good” to be able to play on the course. In the end, I am supposed to take a test to get licensed. In Holland, if you do not have the license, then you are not allowed to play on the course.
Because I didn’t get a chance to go practice in the driving range last week, I went early today to hit some balls before my lesson. For the first fifteen minutes, I was really bad. But after that, I think I got “it”. I started hitting balls pretty well. It was pretty irritating when I couldn't hit the balls, but once I started hitting, I felt really good. The best part is to look at the ball going high up in the air. No matter how much my hands hurt, I still feel good when I see that.
Today’s lesson was “chip”; the swing when the ball is close to the green (15yards?), and this is pretty hard. In the driving range, I hit balls without thinking about a distance, but with chip, I’m supposed to change the swing depending on how far I am from the pole. Okay, this is my second lesson, and isn’t this a bit too early to learn something high technique like this?
It seems I will be practicing patter next week, and the week after is bunker. I was thinking, “Wait a second. People try not to sink the ball in the bunker, but there is a lesson for it?” I guess. I actually can’t wait for that lesson.
| Flowers from yesterday. They blossomed already in one day; maybe my apartment is too warm? |

No comments:
Post a Comment