
For my first weekend in the past two weeks and for the first time, I went out to the beach during the day time. It is a beautiful day to be on the beach! My colleague suggested sailing, and I was very excited because I’d never done it before. But because of the strong wind, we had to give up. The reason is pretty obvious. It is quite a risk to sail with someone who doesn’t know how to gear for when he gets thrown out of a boat, and I could not navigate the boat. Unless he can swim really really fast to catch up with self-sailing boat.
 | I am not sure what this sport is called, but I saw this was the most popular sport that I saw on the beach. It looks like racket ball, but the ball is very hard and doesn’t bounce much, so you have to hit it hard every time. It’s a bit too serious sport to play at the beach to me, but I bought the set for the heck of it. |

Old Jaffa. I am not familiar with the Bible, but it seems this place was mentioned in it. It has about 5000 years of history. It was very nice to take a walk at night.
I loved loved loved the atmosphere! It is very old and romantic! I love something like this; dark but small lights everywhere...but the whole city is like a big maze with narrow streets going up and down with the stairs.
 | I found this in-the-air tree, and I remembered that lots of artists live here! |
 | After walking for a couple of hours in Old Jaffa, I was brought to this kebab restaurant around midnight. There were interesting things listed on the menu. Take a close look! Lots of interesting things are there, especially lamb fat and testicles!! (I didn’t know turkeys have testicles!) |
 | Many dishes came out as soon as we ordered our meals just like in Korean restaurants. I think there were more than 15 dishes with little appetizers; salads, falafels, humus etc. Most of the stuff is good with pitas. They were all delicious! For the main dish, we had kebab and goose livers. They were both delicious! I hesitated to order the liver, but after I had one bite, I realized that it was the same as Foie gras, but on a stick! And the kebab here was the best one I’ve ever had! It seems because lots of different cultures are mixed in this country, they come up with the best taste of all varieties! |
4 comments:
I really appreciate your willingness to try local cuisine! You're experiencing some really curious local delicacies. Man, I had no idea turkeys had balls, either. I...I don't think I could eat them.
Yes! I really enjoy the local food, not testicles though... The only thing I didn't like there was that white wine in restaurants. It is not chilled (that much)! It was strange to taste warm white wine in hot weather
Hey Shima!
WOW, I have been enjoying your blog. I'm in class and it's almost lunch time, so this segment made me extra hungry (not for testicles though).
Monica
Yo, Monica!
The food there was awsome! Are you sure you want to stay vegetarian? You are missing out big time!
Post a Comment